The mission of The Children’s Village of Sonoma County is to provide nurturing, stable family homes in a multi-generational, enriched environment for children and their siblings in foster care.
- Establish a family-like setting for children in foster care
- Provide enrichment activities focusing on each child’s interests and talents
- Provide opportunity for sibling groups to grow up together
- Maximize stability and minimize multiple placements
- Prepare for successful transition to adulthood
We are happy to share our unique model for foster care with you. I hope you will explore the site and learn how the Village provides family and a sense of belonging for children and siblings in foster care.
I’ve been fortunate to serve the Village for five years, first as Associate Director and now as Executive Director. I am proud to continue the original vision of a foster-care community that keeps siblings together, whenever possible, and raises children in a multi-generational, enriched environment. Everyone involved—Village House Parents, Village Grandparents, administration staff, volunteers, tutors, therapists and mentors, and donors—cares deeply about giving children everything they need to lead happy and successful lives. Our goal is for each and every child to transition in early adulthood with the skills needed for independence. Read more…